This product is a transceiver module designed for 2m-10km optical communication applications.
The design is compliant to 40GBASE-LR4 of the IEEE P802.3ba standard.
The module converts 4 inputs channels (ch) of 10Gb/s electrical data to 4 CWDM optical signals and multiplexes them into a single channel for 40Gb/s optical transmission. Reversely, on the receiver side, the module optically de-multiplexes a 40Gb/s input into 4 CWDM channels signals and converts them to 4 channel output electrical data.
The central wavelengths of the 4 CWDM channels are 1271, 1291, 1311 and 1331 nm as members of the CWDM wavelength grid defined in ITU-T G694.2. It contains a duplex LC connector for the optical interface and a 148-pin connector for the electrical interface. To minimize the optical dispersion in the long-haul system, single-mode fiber (SMF) has to be applied in this module.
The product is designed with form factor, optical/electrical connection and digital diagnostic interface according to the QSFP+ Multi-Source Agreement (MSA). It has been designed to meet the harshest external operating conditions including temperature, humidity and EMI interference.
QSFP+ 40GBase CWDM LR/LW C-TEMP
• Compliant with 40G Ethernet IEEE802.3ba and 40GBASE-LR4 Standard
• QSFP+ MSA compliant
• Compliant with QDR/DDR InfiniBand data rates
• Up to 11.2Gb/s data rate per wavelength
• 4 CWDM lanes MUX/DEMUX design
• Up to 10km transmission on single mode fiber (SMF)
• Operating case temperature: 0~70oC
• Maximum power consumption 3.5W
• LC duplex connector • RoHS compliant
• 40GBASE-LR4 Ethernet Links
• InfiniBand QDR and DDR interconnects
• Client-side 40G Telecom connections